Sunday, December 24, 2006

christmas in valdi....via


I attempted Pucon. Really, i did. However, after finding the population of isaelis in Pucon who were traveling was greater than those of the locals, AND, after being mistook for an Israeli 4 times, and handed Hebrew translations by street vendors I truly felt like a foreigner. But seriously guys, thats not why I left!!! Unfortunately, the weather from Bariloche followed me and it was rainy the whole time in Pucon, so I couldn´t climb the volcano. The hotsprings were still in tact (believe it or not, they still exist, even through the rain), but after two days, I was done. Hopped another quick bus to the coast of Chile to valdivia. my canadian travel buddy is here, so the holiday celebrations have begun. Combining both of our holiday traditions for Christmas...(mine being eating chinese and seeing a movie), we found the single restaurant restaurant that was open this evening and indulged ourselves in cheap wine and chowmein.
tomorrow, we will follow her traditions, which consist of drinking baileys with our coffee and cooking eggs. haha, good combination. I´m attempting to get back to Argentina for New Years, but finding some difficulty in getting a bus. Actually the difficulty is that I´m not really trying too hard...but one of these days... i´ll get to the terminal. However, my christmas celebrations tommorow will consist of renting a paddleboat and having a wine drinking derby. Good wine is hard to resist...
Feliz Navidad

No comments: