Monday, December 18, 2006

siete lagos


Something bizarre has happened in bariloche. Although the weather remains quite warm, if not hot throughout the rest of Argentina- Bariloche and the surrounding areas are cooooold! This foils my plans of doing plenty of outdoor activities, like rafting, kayaking, and paragliding. Ive frozen my butt off, and have settled on the other activities of hiking and biking. Which don´t get me wrong, are still enjoyable, and the mountain ranges here are stunning, but still...its cold. So we decided to rent a car. Within a 2hour range, there is a trail that follows the seven lakes, and supposedly is amazing. We figured we would take a day trip of it, and leave in the morning, and come back late.
Early, became crack of dawn, as we left at 530am to catch the sunrise over the lakes. It was beautiful. Not that it should be that rare for me to catch a sunrise since my normal hour of heading to bed comes around dawn, but at least this time my head was clear. The roads through the lakes are amazing. Windy, gravel (which was a little, actually REALLY bumpy and slow to get through) and through dense forests which resembled the wizard of oz. I was waiting for the trees to start talking to me... :-) Lots of stop-offs for scenic pictures.

I may rethink my next 10 days and head somewhere a bit warmer, as my body is not prepared for cold weather. Its supposed to be summer here!

No comments: