Friday, January 12, 2007

don´t cry for me argentina...i´ll be back

i´ve had quite a spree in writing in my blog this week. However, its been a lovely peaceful week of taking spanish classes, and hanging out at the parks, and maybe doing a little shopping on the side. (oops)

i leave in an hour for my bus to Chile. Leaving Argentina for several months, as I will start some new adventures of volunteering, and than travelling up North. I´ve really enjoyed my 17 days in Mendoza, and i hope to return at another time... there is definitly a sadness in moving on from this wonderful city.

As a tribute to my past 6 plus weeks in Argentina, I will quickly recap all that I will miss, in under 4 minutes, because I have to go pack my bag and catch a cab to the bus station. ..

-I will miss the 4 dollar complete dinners of Bife de Lomo.
and speaking of bife de lomo, i will miss the fantastic steak which I have managed to consume an equal amount of steak to my total body weight. Is that bad?
-Vino. Ahh, of course I will miss the wine. Perhaps even more because I have spent over 2 weeks in wine country, where the wine flows like water. ALthough, Chile has pretty good wine too....
-Ice cream. My new love for icecream that I have developed while in Argentina. They even have icecream taht is made WITH wine. Unbelievable.
-Chocolate. I don´t even like chocolate, but I do here...

I should probably move on from food and drinks...since their is certaintly more that what i consume that is so wonderful

I will miss pronouncing double L´s with a shhhh sound. llevar= shhhevar. calle is caaaashe. Tambien, no pronouncing my S´s at the end of words. Good times. Now i have an entirely new dialect to learn in chile. Sweet.

I will CERTAINTLY miss the incredible busses that run though the entire country of argentina. they are phenomenal, and have brought a whole new meaning to 20 hours on a bus.

Chau to all the wild dogs who I have befriended in argentina. Those mangly muts are the cutest wild bastids I have ever seen, and soo sweet. Minus the rabies of course (kidding). Every city I go to, i manage to find a new friend who follows me around. (maybe its cause i feed them) mom and dad, i may be coming home iwth some new friends.

and since my time is running out, and i really must go... i will miss the phenomenal locals that I have met in all the cities that I have been to. I now have much to look forward to upon returning to Buenos Aires at the end of my trip, since I´ve met a number of great people from there-
so don´t cry for me argentina...the truth is, i never left you. because when i have money one day (and a job...) i´m coming back and buying una casa.

No comments: